Thanks go out to all our undergraduates and chapters that support the Kappa Sigma Military Heroes Campaign, especially during Military Heroes Month in November!
It is not hard to be inspired by the great achievements of our veterans, which were highlighted all across social media on Veterans Day in the United States and on Remembrance Day in Canada.
It is not too late to plan an event to participate in the Military Heroes Month Competition! If you need an idea, or a refresher on the competition, please check out the information below:
Military Heroes Month Competiton Overview: Military Heroes Month Competiton Overview:
The competition will start on October 28th and run for the entire month of November. Points will be awarded to chapters and colonies based on achievements in three categories: Social Media, Dollars per Man, and Hours per Man.
- Social Media (Most Viewed Video) – Post a video of your chapter doing a Military Heroes event on Twitter and Instagram. To receive points and recognition for your post, you must use the hashtag #KSMilitaryHeroesMonth and your video must be new (i.e. it can’t be a repost from a previous semester).
- Dollars Per Man – All dollars donated to the Military Heroes Campaign in November divided by the number of brothers and pledges in good standing as of October 28, 2020.
- Hours Per Man – All hours reported in the A Greater Cause Database in KappaSig.net for events taking place and reported from Oct 28th to Nov 30th. The total number of hours reported will be divided by the number of brothers and pledges in good standing as of October 28, 2020.
At the conclusion of the competition, points will be awarded to the top 10 chapters and colonies in each of the three categories with the first place chapter/colony receiving 25 points and the 10th place chapter/colony receiving 1 point.
In addition to awarding points for the top 10 chapters and colonies in each category, a set of bonus points can be earned:
- Chapter Military Heroes Donation exceeds $1500 – 5 pts
- Giving Tuesday (December 1st) Chapter Donation – 5 pts
- Mid-Term Pledge Class of 10+ men – 15 pts
An example for scoring, if your chapter places 2nd in views on Instagram, 3rd in views on Twitter, 1st for Hours per Man, and 4th for Dollars per Man, you would earn a total of 70 points. If your chapter additionally makes a donation on Giving Tuesday and pledges a mid-term class of 13 men, your point total would increase to 90 points!
At the end of the competition, the top five chapters and/or colonies will receive:
- First Place: 4 Extra Leadership Conference Registrations, 2 Hotel Room, and a 4’ x 10’ Military Heroes Campaign Banner
- Second Place: 4 Extra Leadership Conference Registrations, 1 Hotel Room, and a 4’ x 10’ Military Heroes Campaign Banner
- Third Place: 2 Extra Leadership Conference Registrations and a 4’ x 10’ Custom Military Heroes Banner w/ School and Event name
- Fourth Place: 1 Extra Leadership Conference Registration and a 2.5’ x 6’ Custom Military Heroes Banner w/ School Name
- Fifth Place: 2.5’ x 6’ Military Heroes Campaign Banner w/ School Name
Let us not rest contentedly this month as we work together to support and recognize the military heroes on campus, in our communities, and across North America. Best of luck Brothers and remember, that whatever you do, do well, and may success attend your efforts!