Get Ready for Nashville with Our Grand Conclave Travel Guide
Next week Brothers from across North America will be arriving in Music City U.S.A. for our 73rd Biennial Grand Conclave in Nashville! Below is a Travel Guide with answers to many frequently asked questions that will help you get ready and make the most of your Conclave experience!
When do Delegates and Volunteers need to be in Nashville?
The Grand Conclave Opening Session begins at 3:00 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, July 21st, Roll call will be taken at this and each subsequent general session.
What is the dress for Conclave events?
Here is a quick rule of thumb for dress at the Grand Conclave events
- Conclave general sessions & breakout meetings: casual attire
- Opening Reception & General Jackson Showboat Reception: Casual Attire
- Jackson’s Men Reception: Business Casual
- Model Chapter Meeting and Finest Hour Banquet: Business Attire (suit or coat and tie. Banquet is black tie optional)
Also, check out our packing guide below and on social media for more packing tips and items to avoid forgetting!
What is the best way to view the Conclave Schedule?
Download the official Kappa Sigma Grand Conclave app to get the best and most up-to-date schedule for the Conclave!
Will there be vendors to buy Kappa Sigma merchandise at the Grand Conclave?
Yes! We will have more than a dozen vendors in our Kappa Sigma Grand Conclave Marketplace, including:
- Campus Classics, our Kappa Sigma Headquarters Store official retailer
- Herff Jones, Kappa Sigma’s official jeweler and retailer of badges, pins, and other fraternal jewelry
- 12th Gate Napa Valley, our official Kappa Sigma Fraternity wine program
- Collegiate Regalia, our official ritual equipment provider
- GEICO (our Grand Conclave Official Sponsor!)
- Greek Capital Management, our official Chapter financial management fraternity partner
Campus Classics will also be selling our official Grand Conclave T-Shirt designed by our design contest winner Sean Russo (’16, Nu-Gamma, Pratt Institute)
Is transportation available from the airport?
There is no hotel shuttle. Travelers flying into Nashville can arrange ground transportation through rideshare, taxi, or other airport transportation services.
Is on-site parking available at the main convention hotel?
Yes, the Renaissance offers a valet parking service for $45 per day. Brothers driving to Nashville and staying at other hotels should inquire with those facilities regarding their on-site parking options.