Undoubtedly, this biennium’s greatest achievement across our undergraduates and alumni is the shattering of our fundraising goal for Stephen Alonzo Jackson Weekend of Giving! In the history of the North American Greek system, no fraternity has ever had a more successful online weekend fundraising campaign.
At the 72nd Biennial Grand Conclave in Charlottesville, Worthy Grand Master Justin A. Hansen announced a goal of raising $1 million for chapter scholarship funds during the biennium. After the 2021 event, Kappa Sigma proudly announced it had far exceeded that goal with more than $1.3 million raised.
Kappa Sigma raised a then-record $546,379 for undergraduate scholarships during its 2020 Stephen Alonzo Jackson Weekend of Giving. The Fraternity then raised a record $774,961 during its 2021 event, with a record 15,129 donors participating.
Stephen Alonzo Jackson Weekend of Giving was established in 2016 to help raise funds for the Kappa Sigma Endowment Fund’s Scholarship-Leadership Awards program. 100% of funds raised during SAJ Weekend of Giving go towards designated Chapter Scholarship Funds. Scholarship-Leadership Awards are given to qualifying Kappa Sigma undergraduate members each year on Kappa Sigma’s Founders Day (December 10).
The Top Ten chapters for SAJ Weekend of Giving Fundraising in 2021 included:
- Delta-Mu (University of North Dakota) $65,506.06
- Epsilon-Mu (The University of Tulsa) $29,288.69
- Theta-Zeta (Eastern New Mexico University) $22,509.08
- Kappa (Vanderbilt University) $20,523.83
- Theta-Omega (The University of Texas at Arlington) $19,749.90
- Theta-Omicron (Muskingum University) $14,500.89
- Delta-Gamma (University of Wyoming) $14,098.19
- Beta-Psi (University of Washington) $13,963.37
- Alpha-Beta (Mercer University) $12,111.74
- Theta-Nu (Ashland University) $11,213.90