Visit the Kappa Sigma International Headquarters
1610 Scottsville Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Visit the International Headquarters for a tour of the Fraternity’s museum full of historical items, a replica of 46 East Lawn where Kappa Sigma was founded and stop by the archive room to read about your chapter’s history. While you’re here, visit the University of Virginia and see where Kappa Sigma was founded.
Tours Available: Due to COVID-19 restrictions in the state of Virginia all tours will by appointment only after 5:00 PM until further notice.
Kappa Sigma finds its roots in Bologna, Italy, and thousands of members have made the pilgrimage to the ancient city. If you find yourself in Bologna, be sure to visit these sites:
- The two towers, Torre Degli Asinelli and Torre Garisendi. The Asinelli is open for you to climb to the top. The Garisendi is closed as it leans significantly.
- The original 12 gates are in existence around the city. The walls in between are long gone. The Sargozza Gate is the 12th gate and most commonly visited gate by Brothers.
- The Basilica of San Petronio which was decorated by Michelangelo.
- The University of Bologna still stands and is a prominent institution of higher education in Europe.
- Palazzo Cellesi is the site of the school of Theodosius the second.
- The Strada San Donato. There is an old saying that all Brothers have walked the streets of Bologna, and this is certainly one.