Here are some ideas to keep Kappa Sigma moving forward during your extended break from campus.
If you want to host a virtual meeting for a group – for example, a Champion Quest meeting, EC meeting, BIA for Pledges Meetings, or even an informal Chapter meeting here are some great resources:
- If you have a Gmail account, Google offers the Google Meet feature where up to 10 can meet via video. You can meet on-demand, or schedule through your Google calendar by adding “conferencing.”
- Skype offers similar features as Google allowing 10 or less without paying for the business account
- Zoom also offers free video conferencing for up to 100 people. Calls are limited to 40 minutes with the free version. But it may be worth it to add to your Chapter budget during this break.
- GotoMeeting is another call service that is currently offering a 14-day free trial.
- For one-on-one communication keep it personal and utilize Facetime or the Android video call feature to stay connected with pledges, brothers or rush prospects. People get hundreds of text messages, a face-to-face call will go a long way.
You can still utilize the BIA for Pledges Program in KappaSig.Net. The video tutorials and slide presentations can be found here: https://kappasigma.force.com/KS/s/bia-resourcelist.